Saturday, April 25, 2015

Words Are Empty



What a tragic morning. What a devastating  shock. This hits very close to home, not just as a Buddhist, but as a friend, as I have a few students and colleagues in affected areas. So much damage. So much loss. Holy sites ravaged. 
Words cannot describe.  Words are hollow sounds. Words are empty.
Please keep Nepal in your minds. Whether you are religious or not, whether you pray or not, please keep Nepal in your thoughts.
I will be having 10 minutes of silent contemplation on the top of every hour for 3 days to show support in my own small way. It is so little, so very little, but it is what I can, and will, do. Please join me, if not for 10 minutes then for 1 minute,  if not at the top of every hour, then just once.
Words are so empty.
Strength,  Solidarity, Support.
Nepal will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment